Tuesday, September 23, 2014

3D Modelling: Creating a pokeball - Online tutorial 23/09/14

Today I learned:


  • How to change between viewports:
    •  This is done by using the hot key Alt-W and then selecting with the middle mouse button
  • Edge view:
    • Hot key F4
  • How to change between selections
    • The red buttons allow me to do this
  • Changing the views
    • This is done within the viewports




Making the pokeball:
  1. I created a sphere
  2. Converted to edit poly
  3. Went to view port and placed the front view to wireframe
  4. Selected a liner selection of the sphere and deleted it
  5. Created a cylinder in front view, bisecting the sphere with sides 32
  6. Created a compound object Boolean
  7. Picked Operand B and selected the cylinder. This deleted the shape from the sphere
  8. Right clicked back to editable poly
  9. Went to modifier list and changed it to a shell. I then changed the outer amount to zero and the inner amount to 0.8
  10. I then created another sphere and went to transform and moved it to 0,0,0 on the appropriate axis's.
  11. I then created another cylinder in front view beside the previous object and changed the shape to Height to 1.316, Radius to 2.677, and High Segments to 1.
  12. I moved it to 0,0,0 on the appropriate axis's and moved it forward just so that it was right above the middle sphere
  13. I then used the scale tool and made it the right size
  14. I then changed it to a editable poly and selected the front face using the red square and clicked it to inset and clicked and dragged to make a inner circle and then clicked extrude and took out that shape out.
  15. Went back to transform and moved it back to be the appropriate size
  16. Went to Rendering setup in the rendering tab and checked that it was a Mental Ray
  17. Went to materials and changed it from slate editor to material editor
  18. selected the first sphere and clicked standard, then mental ray, and then Arch & Design
  19. Dragged and dropped to the next 2
  20. Changed the colour to red on the first one, changed the colour to white on the second, and black on the third.
  21. Clicked Editable Poly, and selected the top half and then dragged the red over the top half
  22. Selected the second half and dragged the white to it
  23. Clicked the middle cylinder object, and moved the white to it
  24. Clicked the inner sphere and dragged the black to it
Done!

No comments:

Post a Comment